Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My first

I've never had a blog before, so this will be my first entry into this strange new world, well not really new I guess but new to me.  I am HIV positive, I was diagnosed in 2007, I was born in 1969, if you wanna do the math go ahead but I'm done doing it.  One of the things that I have come to realize as I've gotten older is how much less I care about my age.  I never cared all that much about it to begin with.  Before I turned 18 I was too busy with school to think about it, not to mention the fact that everybody forgot my 16th birthday, except for a guy at school who happened to have the same birthdate as me.  At first I thought it was a joke since "16 Candles" with Molly Ringwald had already been released, turns out it wasn't.  Then after I graduated, when I turned 18 the following September, I enlisted in the Army.  So the next few years involved a little skirmish in Panama, which some of you may remember involved some loud music, then came Operation Desert Shield which became Desert Storm.  So during this time of unrest I was trying to figure out how gay I was, which turns out the short answer was "completely" and not a surprise.  Since I was active duty military, I didn't have to worry about not being 21 yet, so there's another reason I didn't care so much about my age.  Heck, ya know what happened on my last birthday?  Nothing happened all day, then that night my sister, her husband and their 3 kids came down to my room in the basement, knocked on my door, sang Happy Birthday and presented me with a blueberry muffin with a fireplace matchstick in it that I figured I better blow out quick before it just went out by itself.  That's what my life has become, I know there is alot missing in there but I guess that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment